Sunday, November 11, 2012

Remainder of 2010

38 today
So, the end of the summer holiday took a slight detour through Thorncombe for my Birthday where I was presented a splendid cake.  Rufus became re-christened "Roofus" and spent a happy afternoon being treated like a playhouse by the little Monkies.

The October half term trip (10th anniversary) was spent in Barton on Sea (New Forest) and we had some fantastic weather for a change enjoying trips out and about including the Isle of Wight.  I remember one phone interview in the flat competing with really poor phone reception and a smoke alarm.

Then reality properly hit and I started looking for a job. 40 or so applications later and only something like 3 getting to interview stages.  I landed a job with Wipro Consulting working out of the Paddington Office in London, Starting January 2011, which I delayed as much as possible.

As I wasn't quite in employment I took Roofus a brief trip to the North to visit Kirsty and Charles in York, followed by Bob and Phoebe in Warrington.  Main memories of this trip was the minus temperatures overnight when I insisted in staying in the van.  I also just missed, by hours, some fairly heavy snowfalls which caused chaos across most of the areas I had just left behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment