Thursday, April 22, 2010

I should have listened more at school



So since I wrote last I have had my first real day of sabbatical leave and what fun it is. I did spend the first couple of days working out what time it would be in England and what everyone would be up to at school! Life on the road is fun. You never know at the beginning of the day where you will end it. We woke this morning in a carpark in a small corner of France and we are now in a huge campsite by the Mediterranean sea. This campsite has every sign in six languages. I was so impressed to hear the Spanish receptionist check in the lady before us in French and then turn to us and say hello and ask us how she could help us. I say impressed but also jealous. I have managed my first real interaction with a petrol station assistant (without Mark). She took me off into a very strange office to pay and then our card would not work so we did a bit of shrugging and I seemed to do a good makaton sign for cash so she smiled as I went away a returned with a 50 Euro note.
Hunton and Horace are behaving well although Hunton is very jealous that he is not coming to Barcelona tomorrow.
We have just booked in to this campsite for 3 nights. I think that is the longest we will have ever camped anywhere in the world! (That makes it sound like I am a well travelled person!)
I'm off to bed now but will add some photos in the morning! Good Night

4 comments:

  1. tell us about the fountain...

    We want poetry still, 'rald.

    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And poetry you shall get when I feel creative!
    Fx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope this works Fran! It's Gill at school trying to make the computers work - more later! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Class 3 and 4!
    Fahim - "Are you having a nice time Fran? Is Mark having a nice time? WHat are you having for dinner tonight?"

    Jemma - "Hello Fran are you OK?" "What is the weather like?"

    Theo - "Have you seen any old cars?"

    Joe - "I hope you have a beautiful day." "What is the food like?"

    Jasmine - "What are you going to buy today? Have you bought anything nice so far?"

    Adam - "I would like to be with you Fran!"

    Robert - "Have you worn your stripy flip flops yet?"

    Gill - "Have you got horribly lost anywhere yet, or have you been able to find your way without any problem!" "Did you go to the McDonald's in Barcelona opposite the Cathedral because that's where I went when Katie was tiny!"

    We'll write again very soon - we miss you!

    Love Classes 3 and 4

    ReplyDelete