Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lego, Ferraris and Lego Ferraris

The van tyre was sorted by a very nice man.  I said to him "I'm English,  do you speak English?"  And he replied with "I'm German.  Yes I do speak English."  I did insist on saying "Mein reifen hast ein problem mit ein schraube, kanst du haup?"  [My tyre has a problem with a screw, can you help? Or thereabouts!]  Which he thought was amusing but he understood the situation.  15Euro later, which included a test and sticker for german low emissions zones, we were sent on our way with a healthy tyre.  Then we left Germany behind.


Today we have mostly been at Legoland.  I've never been to the one at Windsor but for some reason have always wanted to go to the real one in Denmark.  So we spent 7 hours there...  It's great, even though we kept having to say "I hope the kids are enjoying themselves" (our imaginery ones) as we got strange looks from the happy families out there!  I got Fran on a roller coaster (yes a real one!), we saw a 4D film (in English, which foxed some of the locals), went on 2 water rides, and some sort of laser-quest-ghost-train thing.  

Oh, and there was some lego.  And as luck would have it, for one weekend only, there was a Ferrari exhibition.  So we went to that too.  The red car picture is for Simon, who will at least appreciate and share in my knowledge of what it is ;-)  The F1 car is a life size lego model, which was pretty cool.

And tonight I am writing to you from a ferry terminal as we sit and wait to board a big boat to take us across the Kattegat to Sweden.  Goteborg tomorrow, a city I know reasonably well, so looking forward to returning there and showing Fran the old haunts / drinking dens.  She's catching some zzz's now, so you will get her take in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Lego Ferrari! Thanks for thinking of me. It must have taken hours to build..... Nice pic of a Ferrari Enzo too ;o)
    S

    ReplyDelete