Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ready for the snow

Plans for Scotland are now well advanced. The Forest Campsite at Glenmore is booked for 2 nights and the weather is looking good... well it's forecast to snow later this week which bodes well as long as we can get on to the slopes! I understand they're having the best ski season for many years, so Dave and I are going to see what UK snowboarding is on offer.

The shovel's in and dug out a tow rope so hoping to be fully prepared for whatever. I really want to think I'll be able to get home again and not leave Rufus in a ditch! I think the royal mail failed to deliver my "snow socks" on Friday, so I'll run by the sorting office and get them tomorrow. If the package isn't these then I'm very curious.

Not convinced this is the perfect dry run for getting out to the continent in summer, but looking forward to getting some miles under the belt and try out the van in anger for the first time in the 3 months we've owned it.

More later in the week when we get on the road, including pictures?!?! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Love the colouring in - looking forward to the posting from the road

    ReplyDelete