Monday, February 22, 2010

Red squirrel in the morning, shepherds happy? (Monday)

Usual start, slightly more relaxed (by about 10 minutes) since it's not the weekend.  Driving up the road our path was crossed by one of the little tree rats, "that was a red one, wasn't it?".  I've never seen a wild red squirrel, so there's a first.  They're quite cool.

We really needn't have bothered with the rush early start.  It appears that since the weekend and half term holiday are now over, everyone else is back at work.  We were right at the top of the top carpark and I don't think it was full until well gone 9am - that's about an hour later than over the weekend.

So first train and just loads of brilliant runs until the last train of the day, virtually non stop.  The best day of boarding I can remember for a while, mainly because of the lack of bodies on the piste.  I was sadly persuaded to wear my reflective jacket for the afternoon, so that's why there's a fetching picture here!

Oh, and I did my bit for ski/snowboard relations by being first on scene for a woman who probably had broken her leg right at the end of the day, and left her with the ski patrol.

Not one to complain, and Dave says I did handle things in a calm and admirable fashion...  we had a small issue at the campsite over bookings and double bookings and outstanding payments etc...  All sorted but not impressed with the onsite customer service - how would you feel when confronted with "we realise you're on holiday, but if you could try and be on site in our opening hours to sort out extra bookings then that would make our life easier".  Well if you worked more than 4 hours a day we may be able to comply, but sorry luv, we were up the mountain from 8am to 5pm and you open 9-1030 and 2-430.  And I tried to phone, and  I spoke at length to the central office in your absence.  Anyway, all sorted amicably now and winge over.

Beer and blog followed by some sort of pasta concoction will finish us off.  We're trying to work out if we should go to Glenshee to try something different or live with what we have here?  I'm sure a decision will be reached before the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment