Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Van found

To Fran's great relief I finally found what I think we'd been looking for.

I'd discovered that Westfalia had been making the Nugget conversion for a few years and there were some older Transits out there with the layout Fran really liked. Then, almost in a fated sort of way I did a "Westfalia" search and turned up the T4 conversion called the California. A bit expensive, but the same layout, and on a VW chassis...

Certainly it met many criteria and following a speculative trip to Bristol to view, a small amount of haggling over p/x for the BMW and discussions at home, we agreed a price and Rufus (early name, not sure it will stick) became part of the family!
It's a 1999 Westfalia California Exclusive, based on the VW Transporter T4 platform. It's left hand drive and really quite blue (in colour!). It's a blinding piece of kit and we are well pleased with her. I'll do a post with more specs when time allows, but it truly is the business where van conversions are concerned.

I'm calling her "Rufus" unless I get a better suggestion, since the number plate ends in "RFS".

No comments:

Post a Comment