Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weight matters

Just had Rufus weighed at Hatfield weighbridge. The operator tells me it's closing down in March due to lack of customers, which is sad but a sign of the times!

Result = 2420kg overall gross weight,
Front axle = 1260kg,
This includes full petrol and LPG tanks and important stuff like the spare wheel, jack and electric cable but excludes all people, clothes, food, water and bedding.

That means the payload is 2800mvw - 2420miro = 380kg

So we've got 380kg to play with which on my very basic reckoning should be more than sufficient. It's more than I thought and I'll stop mentioning the weight in every conversation from now on, maybe!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Very interesting posts - and I'm glad to hear that the weight is no longer an issue, though I might say that your definition of important stuff and mine may slightly differ :)

    ReplyDelete